The Romanian-American University was founded in 1991 by Professor Ion Smedescu, Ph.D. with the purpose of promoting the American progressive educational values combined with the rich internationally recognized academic traditions of the Romanian educational system.
University has 6 faculties:
- Domestic and International Business, Finance and Banking,
- Management – Marketing,
- Informatics for Economics,
- Economic European Studies,
- Domestic and International Tourism Economy,
At the moment we offer 2 Bachelor and 4 Master programs in English.
Why Romanian-American University?
- American standards of education in an affordable city
- Extracurricular courses taught by international professors
- International curriculum
- Exchange programs with partner universities from USA
- Study grants available at more than 80 universities abroad
- Internship opportunities in Europe, Japan and USA
- Asian culture and language courses with native teachers
- Top class faculty and real world practitioners
- Practice oriented approach
- Events and conferences with people from the business environment or public institutions
- High level of student satisfaction
- Truly international atmosphere
Romanian-American University provides its students with a lot of Academic facilities. American Programs Office and Erasmus Office offer possibilities to study or have internships abroad while Department of Asian studies invites students to learn culture and languages or Japan, China, South Korea and Azerbaijan. Murray Rothbard Center of Political Economy and Business organizes seminars and courses for everyone passionate about business and Microsoft Innovation Center provides support and free software. IATA Authorized Training Center prepares specialists for travel, tourism and aviation industries while CISCO Academy trains professionals in IT. Moreover, Student Club, student magazine “Performance” and English book library help pass students’ free time efficiently.
Bucharest is the capital and the biggest city of Romania offering various kinds of recreational and free-time activities, starting with museum visiting or biking in the park and ending with vibrant night life especially appreciated by students. Opportunities to find a job in Bucharest are also big, because of the big number of multinational companies based here.