“Dunarea de Jos” University of Galati, as a public institution, assumes the mission to train specialists, at the level of excellence, in diverse socio-economic domains, to participate in sustaining and disseminating science and culture and to contribute to enriching the national knowledge patrimony through scientific research, knowledge and innovation, permanent learning and interculturality. “Dunarea de Jos” University of Galati sustains and promotes its strategies within the local regional, national and international community.
This mission is achieved by:
• developing a proficient university management;
• planning and creating a more efficient, modern and balanced development based on social demand of educational offer;
• democratic adoption of transforming decisions and of university development;
• applying quality management principles in organising and managing institutional activities;
• improving research and artistic creation activities; scientific research as an essential activity will generate knowledge and innovation in view of science and technology development, of socio-economic progress.
There are a number of good reasons for choosing “Dunarea de Jos” University of Galati as an international student:
multicultural, cross-border university with over 12.500 students enrolled;
more than 700 professors;
more than 200 partner universities;
excellent quality of teaching;
links and exchange programs with institutions worldwide;
accommodation for international students in modern university residence, within walking distance of the teaching and research facilities.
more than 100 partner universities from 22 foreign countries;
bilateral agreements with 13 EU countries and 15 non EU countries, out of which Erasmus with 22 countries;
international full-time students enrolled: about 1626 from EU and non EU countries;
Erasmus students: 332 outgoing students and 225 academics in Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Turkey and 138 incoming Erasmus students and 50 academic staff and professors;
CEEPUS students: over 25 students from Bulgaria, Poland, Moldova, Serbia, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia;
"Eugene Ionesco" students: 52 doctoral and post-doctoral students from Madagascar, Cameroon, Mauritania, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Togo, Vietnam, Moldova and Georgia;
visiting professors from universities in Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Japan etc. delivering lectures on various topics.
The university offers the members of the academic community all the necessary conditions to harness their skills in educational activities, through scientific research and within the socio-cultural manifestations which they organise.