Welcome to the University of Agronomical Sciences and veterinary Medicine of Bucharest!
Since 1852, we pride ourselves on combining a tradition of research with an open approach to the latest innovations in the field. The results of this sustained effort are visible in the career opportunities our graduates have benefited and continue to benefit from. The need to produce in line with environmental protection standards, stimulating the economy of rural communities, creates such opportunities. We are committed to preparing future USAMV graduates for successful careers in their chosen field by offering courses tailored to international standards.
USAMV Bucharest has seven faculties offering bachelor, master and doctoral degrees:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Horticulture
- Faculty of Animal Productions Engineering and Management
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Land Reclamation and Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Biotechnologies
- Faculty of Management and Rural Development
Two doctoral schools:
- Plant and Animal Resources Engineering and Management, in the fields of Agronomy, Biotechnology, Horticulture, Management and Rural Development, Animal Productions Engineering
- Veterinary Medicine
You have at your disposal a whole range of activities, from the practical part of each discipline, in the two campuses, Agronomy - Herăstrău and Veterinary - Cotroceni to the active involvement in university many academic events.
You will do practical training in the modern greenhouses of our university, in the Research Center for the Study of Quality Food Product, or in the two didactic stations of USAMV, with tradition since 1893: the Pietroasa Research and Development Station for Viticulture and Winemaking and the Istrița Research and Developement Station for Fruit Growing, as well as at the Moara Domnească Research and Developement Station for Agronomy.
Research Center for the Study of Quality Food Product has 13 multidisciplinary research laboratories and a greenhouse, designed to European standards, providing competitiveness both at national and international level.
Key Figures (2021)
• Number of faculties: 7
• Number of study programs: 52
• Preparatory year in Romanian: no
• Students: 11,400
• International students: 353
• Places in dormitories: 4000
• 45ha of green campus