Founded in 1990, Titu Maiorescu University has gained the reputation of one of the most prestigious private higher education institutions in Romania, promoting modern, efficient, competitive and pragmatic academic programmes. The University has developed according to the socio-economic and labour market requirements, so that currently it is a comprehensive private university with 10 faculties that provide a diversified educational offer, on all three cycles: Bachelor, Master and PhD.
Titu Maiorescu University includes the following faculties with premises in Bucharest and Tg. Jiu:
- Faculty of Law (Bucharest, Romanian-taught programmes)
- Faculty of Psychology (Bucharest, Romanian-taught programmes)
- Faculty of Informatics (Bucharest, Romanian-taught programmes)
- Faculty of Finance-Banking, Accounting and Business Administration (Bucharest, Romanian-taught programmes)
- Faculty of Medicine (Bucharest, Romanian/English taught programmes)
- Faculty of Dental Medicine (Bucharest, Romanian/ English taught programmes)
- Faculty of Pharmacy (Bucharest, Romanian-taught programmes)
- Faculty of Communication Sciences and International Relations (Bucharest, Romanian-taught programmes)
- Faculty of Law and Economic Sciences (Tg. Jiu, Romanian-taught programmes)
- Faculty of Nursing (Tg. Jiu, Romanian-taught programmes)
The University registers annually around 8000 students and has over 50.000 graduates since its foundation.
Research is highly considered, both through the activity carried out in the three doctoral schools (Medicine, Dental Medicine and Law) and through the hosting of the two research institutes ("Acad. N. Cajal" Medical Research Institute and Institute for Studies, Research, Development and Innovation). The didactic and scientific research activities are carried out by highly qualified professors, prominent figures of scientific public life, members of the Romanian Academy, Academy of Romanian Scientists, etc.
The University provides modern, fully-equipped academic spaces: Aula Magna, amphitheatres, lecture halls, study-rooms, state of the art medical laboratories, IT networks, video-conference equipment.
The full package of services and opportunities offered to students comprises:
- Modern campus - student dorms (500 rooms fully-equipped)
- Restaurant and cafeteria
- Free MS Office 365 licences for all students
- Free wi-fi in all university's spaces
- Gym and sports facilities
- Copy centre
- Clinical practice in public and private hospitals, interacting with real patients
- Small working groups (8 students/ clinical subjects; 12-15 students/ preclinical subjects) which facilitate customized interactions with professors
- Erasmus mobilities for studies and internships in European universities and clinics
- International research projects and visiting professors
- Access to private medical services (free/ discount)
- Career coaching, soft skills training
International affiliations: European University Association (EUA), European Association of Erasmus Coordinators (EAEC), Francophone University Agency (AUF).